[haiku-development] What is the purpose of using __USE_GNU define in Haiku?

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 23:02:36 +0200

Good morning All!

During our work on wxWidgets port I have observed that re_registers structure become unavailable from r38031. The changes in mentioned revision "obscure" corresponding structure by adding #ifdef __USE_GNU guard section at line 431 of posix/regex.h. Note that previous version of posix/regex.h contains no __USE_GNU definitions at all.

Is using of this __USE_GNU intended? How should we workaround our build problem than?

Note that there are no references to this macro neither in our sources nor in build files. I have found are also recommendations "do not define __USE_GNU directly in your projects".

Thank you!

--
Kind Regards,
       S.Žarski.