[haiku-development] Re: What is the process to package a gcc 2.95 for BeOS ?

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 19:20:43 +0200

Hi Olivier,

On 2009-08-02 at 18:04:53 [+0200], Olivier Coursière
<olivier.coursiere@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have successfully compiled the latest gcc version under BeOS BONE
> (2.95.3-haiku-090629). At least, i was able to compile Haiku r31994 with it.
>
> It is no more an essential piece of software, but it could be usefull to
> person like me that still use BeOS to compile haiku (well only on my old
> laptop, as i use haiku to build haiku on my new one. I have a lot more
> space).
>
> So, i am wondering how to make a BeOS distribution of that version ?

Thanks for working on that - I'd assume that there are quite a lot of people
interested in a current compiler for BeOS.
The build process you've described sounds just fine.

One additional thing you could do is to copy over the html documentation from
any of the older releases (and then remove the man and info folders from
/boot/develop/tools/gnupro).

After that, you're all set to archive and upload the beast. If you'd like,
you can send it to me and I will upload it to the existing gcc page on BeBits.

cheers,
        Oliver