[haiku-development] What is the process to package a gcc 2.95 for BeOS ?

  • From: Olivier Coursière <olivier.coursiere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 18:04:53 +0200

Hi,

I have successfully compiled the latest gcc version under BeOS BONE (2.95.3-haiku-090629). At least, i was able to compile Haiku r31994 with it.

It is no more an essential piece of software, but it could be usefull to person like me that still use BeOS to compile haiku (well only on my old laptop, as i use haiku to build haiku on my new one. I have a lot more space).

So, i am wondering how to make a BeOS distribution of that version ?

Here is the process i have used to build it :

-> checking out svn://svn.berlios.de/haiku/buildtools/trunk/legacy
-> compiling textinfo 4.13a (http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/texinfo/texinfo-4.13a.tar.gz) with this quick and dirty fix :

in texinfo-4.13/system.h, line 252 replace with :

#  define setmode(f,m)  /*_setmode(f,m)*/

then the usual

./configure
make

then

copy texinfo-4.13/makeinfo/makeinfo into /boot/home/config/bin

-> run ./compile-binutils (at the root of the source tree)

-> run ./compile-gcc

in binutils-obj -> make install
in gcc-obj -> make install

Maybe there is others dependencies, but this a four years old partitions with a lot of stuff...

Olivier