[haiku-development] Weird OpenSound problem.

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 00:08:11

At least IO rthink this OpenSound related.

My computer has this intel audio chipset that needs OpenSound as our HDA driver
seems not
to support it.

When my computer boots to Haiku, if I try to play any sounds (a M<P3 file, for
example),
I will get no sound. Even if I try severasl tim,es in a row, I will still ger
no sound.
But after somethinf around 10 or 15 seconds after the system boots than audio
works.

Any ideas about what would make it not work during the first 15 seconds after
boot?
syslog shows nothing interesting.

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Worthless.
                -- Sir George Bidell Airy, KCB, MA, LLD, DCL, FRS, FRAS
                   (Astronomer Royal of Great Britain), estimating for the
                   Chancellor of the Exchequer the potential value of the
                   "analytical engine" invented by Charles Babbage, September
                   15, 1842.