[haiku-development] Re: Webpositive handling of URLs and downloaded files

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 15:03:13 +0100

On 19/11/2013 14:54, Dario Casalinuovo wrote:
> I'm just curious, and maybe it's a unasked question, what is the current
> plan to handle urls such as irc://? Most browsers out there opens the
> preferred irc client, but i have the impression that it should be someway
> supported by filetypes.

It already is:
http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/data/mime_db/application/x-vnd.be.url.mailto

IRC isn't declared by default though it seems.
I already added some code in Vision to support this, but I don't think
it's working yet.

Patches welcome.

> And what about pkgs? Is there any plan for installing them automatically,
> or is this supposed that the work will be done by the user? (ergo copy the
> hpkg into config/packages). Maybe the best way would be to allow the user
> select if the file should be opened after downloaded or not, and if it's,
> the program should rely on filetypes to do it. If my considerations are
> correct...i would open some tickets if not present already...

The package manager will just be the default application for hpkg:
http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/data/mime_db/application/x-vnd.haiku-package

François.