[haiku-development] Re: WalterCon 2008: change of plans

  • From: "Jorge Mare" <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 22:21:10 -0700

Hi,

Cross-posting from the Haiku mailing list, just in case...
************

Quick follow up on my last email on WalterCon from two weeks ago.

I am holding the meeting room at the Red Roof Inn for as long as I can, but
as time goes by, there is no guarantee that the hotel will keep space for us
unless we sign the contract. We obviously do not want to make a committment
to pay ($600) unless we know there is enough people interested in making
this happen, so people, please speak up.

With regards to our presence at the Ohio LinuxFest, we are in a similar
situation. I have been contacted and was told that we are guaranteed a booth
at the conference, but I do not want to committ unless there is enough
people interested.

 So, is there nobody interested in reviving WalterCon this year?

Jorge/aka Koki