[haiku-development] Re: Voting procedure (was: Checking consistency of used strings)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:19:59 +0100

Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I guess this is the final message from me. There are 64 developers.
> Seven participated in this thread.

You make it sound like it were a problem.

> I shared my views on why voting is a bad way to reach a decision. In
> the end very few votes that took place and that will take place are
> the best way to reach a decision. All the others reduce very complex
> issues to a +1 or -1, without looking into who will be doing the
> work.

The idea is to have a discussion before the vote to make it possible to
reduce a complex issue to a +1 or -1.

> And I guess time will tell whether voting procedures will actually
> increase votes or not.

I don't really think so, and see no problem with that.

The only reason against the current voting mechanism would be if it
caused bad decisions, and I don't think we really had one of those yet
(the only thing I can remember is the include order).

Bye,
   Axel.