[haiku-development] Re: Voting procedure (was: Checking consistency of used strings)

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 21:56:23 +0100

Hi,

I guess this is the final message from me. There are 64 developers.
Seven participated in this thread.

I have no objections to formalizing the voting guidelines.

I shared my views on why voting is a bad way to reach a decision. In
the end very few votes that took place and that will take place are
the best way to reach a decision. All the others reduce very complex
issues to a +1 or -1, without looking into who will be doing the work.

And I guess time will tell whether voting procedures will actually
increase votes or not.

That's it I guess.