[haiku-development] Re: Voting on Alpha 1 proposals now closed

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:12:31 +0200 CEST

"Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The vote on alpha1 proposals is now closed.
>
> It will take me some time to process the page, but in any case, the
> results you see on the page now are the final result.

Now that the voting is over, I have a hard time understanding the
rationale behind some decisions. Could those that voted "no" please
explain their reasons or answer the my questions on the following
matters? Thanks!

3) Create a welcome package
Do you prefer new users see a completely empty desktop on first start?
And if so, why?

5) Make sure that a live Haiku install can be updated
I think it would be pretty bad if you cannot update your Haiku
installation anymore. But maybe I'm missing something here. Or do you
think it won't matter, since you always can install a new version over
the old one (by booting a new CD) without destroying the contents of
the partition?

11) Recruit release manager
Do you think we should and can just share the work, or what's your
intention by saying no here?

35) Include a MDR version with SSL support
Why (on earth) would we want to release a version of MDR without SSL
support? It's a compile time option, and it's already there and
working.

Bye,
   Axel.