[haiku-development] Re: Voting on Alpha 1 proposals now closed

  • From: "Remi Grumeau" <remi.grumeau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 20:28:34 +0200

> 3) Create a welcome package
>> Do you prefer new users see a completely empty desktop on first start? And
>> if so, why?
>>

> I didn't vote on that one, not because i didn't agree with it but because
> there was no adopter and i didn't want it to block/delay the release.

I've propose a few week ago a welcome page like the Zeta portal that was
loaded at the first start of Zeta (first appear in 1.1 afaik). Since no real
webbrowser was stable enough for alpha 1, they were an idea of a simple text
file like a readme.

Don't know what you are expecting from a welcome page actually... a text
file ? an HTML document ? A prompt window ?

Remi