[haiku-development] Re: VirtualBox Mouse laggyness in r29417 vs r29391

  • From: "Raymond C. Rodgers" <sinful622@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 17:42:43 -0400

Stephan Aßmus wrote:
Raymond C. Rodgers schrieb:

If you have the suspicion that my change to the mouse polling has caused this, I'd say just have a look at src/add-ons/input_server/devices/mouse/MouseInputDevice.cpp in the while loop/polling thread and remove the wait again (comment out line 387).

I'm not sure if that's the culprit or not, but I'll try commenting out the line and see what happens. Thanks for the info.
Also, as you are already building Haiku yourself, you can just remove the offending graphics driver from the image (build/jam/HaikuImage), or chose "fallback video mode" in the boot menu.

Best regards,
-Stephan

I'm hesistant to remove drivers from a system that I'm not very familiar with, and like I said, the safe mode video isn't working 100% correctly (for me at least) right now, as that's what I normally use to run Haiku. I'll poke around a bit more with it to see if perhaps I'm just choosing the wrong resolution.

Raymond