[haiku-development] Re: VirtualBox Mouse laggyness in r29417 vs r29391

  • From: "Raymond C. Rodgers" <sinful622@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 10:54:04 -0400

Stephan Aßmus wrote:
Raymond C. Rodgers schrieb:

I'm going to build some older revisions to see if I can pin point the day of changes that is causing this lag.

If you have the suspicion that my change to the mouse polling has caused this, I'd say just have a look at src/add-ons/input_server/devices/mouse/MouseInputDevice.cpp in the while loop/polling thread and remove the wait again (comment out line 387).

Also, as you are already building Haiku yourself, you can just remove the offending graphics driver from the image (build/jam/HaikuImage), or chose "fallback video mode" in the boot menu.

Best regards,
-Stephan

Mouse behavior on r29391 is normal, and 29417 is off the hook as well... The cursor feels a little disconnected from the mouse movement, but it's not the horrible cursor performance I mentioned originally. I'm going to continue to poke around at various revisions to try to narrow the bad behavior down, and I'll post in a new thread when I find it.

Raymond