[haiku-development] Re: VirtualBox Haiku Development Image

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:55:31 -0500

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While I like the basic idea, I'm not sure it really worth the effort. You
> probably don't want to lose all your work every time you update, so you will
> want to put the important stuff (like the sources) on a second drive image,
> anyway.

Yeah good points, so maybe we just need another VirtualBox disk
containing the source which could be added on to a basic Haiku image.
I'm just trying to think of a way to make getting started with Haiku
easier.

Even for myself it would be useful to have a nicely set up image with
the source that I could just quickly boot up on any OS with VirtualBox
to test something or make a small quick fix.

> What needs to be on there then? Who is to select the 'good' revisions?

If we just relied on existing nightlies we could add a system for
rating nightlies based on user votes, which would just be useful in
its own right.

--
Regards,
Ryan