[haiku-development] Re: VirtualBox Haiku Development Image

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 21:46:17 +0100

On 02/29/2012 09:39 PM, Ryan Leavengood wrote:
Another idea I have been thinking about to lower the barrier to entry
into Haiku development is a VirtualBox VDI which is already set up as
a Haiku development machine with a recent known to work revision, the
necessary (and up-to-date) build tools, and an anonymous Git copy of
the source (maybe not checked out to save space.) It could also
include tutorials and start up guides which show up on the first run,
useful Desktop shortcuts, etc.

You mean pretty much like the nightlies?

While I like the basic idea, I'm not sure it really worth the effort. You probably don't want to lose all your work every time you update, so you will want to put the important stuff (like the sources) on a second drive image, anyway.
What needs to be on there then? Who is to select the 'good' revisions?

Bye,
   Axel.