[haiku-development] Re: Video Driver Accelerated Drawing Functions

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:36:37 +0200

Le 20 août 2010 à 16:37, Gerald Zajac a écrit :

> When developing a video driver, is it a waste of time implementing the
> accelerated drawing functions and the hardware cursor functions?  Is Haiku
> likely to use these functions sometime in the future?

Considering the Gallium3D port (though I don't know how far it is), I don't
know what will happen to those.

> Haiku did use the accelerated drawing functions sometime in the past; but
> AFAIK, it has never used the hardware cursor functions.

That's because we use a grayscale cursor with alpha shadows, and the API only
allows a black&white one with mask.
I started adding an extra call to pass a better one but never committed this.

François.