[haiku-development] Re: Variety of quit/save dialogs

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 16:03:31 +0100

Am 15/12/2012 10:51, schrieb Humdinger:
found at http://db.tt/3041AvUE.
[...]
Now to positioning: I prefer nr. 2 in the example image, i.e.:

Don't save                      Cancel  Save

"Save" is the default button (RETURN chooses it).
"Cancel" is beside it (ESC chooses it). Missing the "Save" button
results in no data loss, just canceling the closing/quitting action.
"Don't save" is farthest away from "Save", making it less probable to
choose by mistake. It also stands apart from the other buttons,
conveying it's datalossy nature.

+1
"Cancel" is always canceling the intended action, so it should be quite clear -- it's even used consistently everywhere, and it should just stay that way.
In any case, I completely agree with your notion!

If possible, the text being used could be made consistent as well :-)

Bye,
   Axel.