[haiku-development] Re: Variety of quit/save dialogs

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:35:52 -0800

Are we also clear on the ordering? Looncraz offered a purely logical
ordering ("Cancel |   | Don't save | Save"), but the concept of least
to more destructive is more convincing to me.

Same here, ie. I like what you suggested (and what's apparently being used by BeOS, and at least older Mac OS incarnations) much better.

Bye,
   Axel.

[Cancel] is entirely non-destructive.

[Don't Save] and [Save] are both potentially destructive.

Don't Save - for obvious reasons.

Save - because you may well be overwriting data on the storage medium - destroying the old revision.

What you need to do is take away all text and have someone that doesn't know which button does what and have them press the button they think will get the desired result.

I promise you, if people are trying to cancel what they are doing entirely - they will press the left-most, separated, button. Human decision logic is kinda my thing ;-)

--The loon