[haiku-development] Re: VOTE: alpha optional packages

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 09:28:13 -0700

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 9:19 AM, scott mc<scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> a few listed Python, but it was one of the most asked about optional
> packages by developers we talked to at both OSCON and Open Source
> World, "Do you have Perl?, Do you have Python?".  And they were
> generally happy to hear that both were in there.  Some even sat down
> and opened a terminal and starting typing python code to test things
> out.

I can confirm that this was a common question, indeed. Note that these
are often Linux/BSD people, however, and they have pretty much come to
expect these two tools installed by default ;)

If we are targeting "switching developers" coming from those
platforms, we may want to consider adding Python as a default
development tool. I personally don't care either way, but it does seem
to be popular.

- Urias