[haiku-development] Re: VOTE: alpha optional packages

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 22:01:45 +0200 CEST

Oliver Ruiz Dorantes <oliver.ruiz.dorantes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Oh, and I would also love if KeymapSwitcher was included in the
> > alpha;
> > but in all honestly, I can't find any justification other than
> > "because
> > I can't live without it". ;)
> as well as any other person who needs to write in 2 alphabets...
> That includes... All Asian users? most African.... and most east/
> central
> europe users :)

Personally, I find it easier to work with a single keymap, and to put
the extra keys I need behind some modifiers (ie. I'm actually using an
American keymap, but have all the German umlauts mapped to where I want
them). Of course, that's not really a solution for all combinations.

I haven't actually tried the keymap switcher app, but since we plan to
incorporate such functionality into the OS, anyway, I wouldn't mind
adding it this way for now, either.

Bye,
   Axel.