[haiku-development] VOTE: alpha optional packages

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Haiku Development" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:45:30 +0200 CEST

Hi there,

I would like to have us voting on what optional packages should be
included with the alpha release. IMO, those should mostly go away once
we have a real package manager, though.
As usual, only core Haiku developers votes are counted (those with
commit access), though I would like to include the other core members,
like Urias, Jorge, Scott, and Matt into this, too (please note if I
left someone out, this is certainly not on purpose).

Anyway, I'm torn a bit, but I would like to include the following
(alphabetically):
BeBook, BePDF, CVS, Development, Firefox, OpenSSH, Pe, P7zip,
Subversion, Nano, Welcome

("Nano" would mean that vim should be removed from the image, and
repository, which was the plan anyway, as discussed earlier)

Thus, I would like to make this a developer centric release.
If that's not what we agree on doing, the other candidates for
inclusion would be IMO:
Clockwerk, Vision, WonderBrush

I don't think any other package should be considered, at least, but
YMMV.

I would like everyone to give his list of packages that should end up
in the alpha image here. I would suggest only putting items in that 2/
3rds want to put in. I would like to end the vote by Thursday 12:00
UTC.

Bye,
   Axel.