[haiku-development] Re: [VOTE] Which images to host at Haiku-Files.org ?

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:31:08 -0700

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Niels Reedijk<niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I also like the separate ATA and IDE builds for testing.
>> As for the site structure, you seem to be proposing
>> /nightly/ , /releases/ , /release/R1Alpha/ , and
>> /releases/R1AlphaCandidate/.  I would suggest the KISS
>> approach, and put rc's in with the nightlies as that is
>> essentially what they will be. Simply tag them as rc's
>> and testers will figure things out. If you believe
>> a more in depth structure is needed, then may I suggest
>> /nightly, /release, and /testing or even /nightly/rc.
>
> Though no exact resolution came from the last set of messages about
> ATA vs. IDE, I believe that ATA was preferred more than IDE (though I
> did not count the opinions). In that respect I would say you should
> focus people's energies on the ATA version (not divide it between the
> two).

Agreed. If we did this, we'd need to add something to Trac for the
users of the pre-build images to specify which they downloaded and
used. This seems it would be a lot of fuss and effort for something
that has already been pretty much determined a temporary situation.

Whichever one we decide is the default is the one we should distribute
thereafter. (subtle suggestion: ATA!)

- Urias