[haiku-development] Re: [VOTE] Haiku flier funding (was: Haiku flier reprint)

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 23:17:35 +0100

Hey,

2009/12/17 scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> *** Casting your vote ***
>>
>> First, please refer to this document that lists all the vendors I have
>> received quotes from (vendor names are not shown to ensure neutrality; all
>> prices are in US dollars)...
>>
>> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tWxx-u_m2jpPDejb-xA2TgA&single=true&gid=0&output=html
>>
>> ...and *send in your vote via reply to this message*.
>>
>> If you feel that printing Haiku promotional fliers should not be funded by
>> the project, then state "Haiku should not fund printing fliers" as your
>> vote.
>>
>> If you think Haiku should fund the printing of fliers, use the number under
>> the "#" column  to specify one vendor that you think fits best Haiku's needs
>> and the goals of the project in terms of cost, paper type and other
>> considerations.
>>

> +1 from me and I'm ok with any of the quotes that came in under $135.00.

Okay, I think it is time to amend the voting regulations as this isn't
going to work :-)

Seriously though, I guess what we need is:

1) an estimate on how much Haiku Inc. is willing/able to spend on it

2) a limited set of choices.

On 2 I would ask you (Jorge) to just do a selection of what you think
are the best options, as you have been in the printing business
before. I'm thinking quality, price, greenness. I think we need an
expert's view on this as most of us have no clue what it all means.

Maybe it turns out there is one best option so we don't even have to
vote on this.