[haiku-development] Re: [VOTE] Haiku flier funding (was: Haiku flier reprint)

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:44:17 -0500

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 13:23, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> This is a vote is to:
>
> 1) Decide whether the project should fund printing Haiku handout fliers for
> conferences or not
>
> 2) If printing fliers is funded, how much the project should spend for such
> a purpose

First, it was made clear in September that Haiku Inc does indeed have
authority over the use of funds.
//www.freelists.org/post/haiku/Clarifying-Haiku-Inc

Second, pre-requisite terms for funding were provided to you:

  1. requiring final approval of the designed flier before a purchase
is made.  To this you agreed.  So far, I do not recall seeing such a
flier. As such, final approval for funding has not been given.

  2. that the final-for-print graphic be made available for community
re-use. To this, you agreed to release them under a "BY-NC-SA Creative
Commons license."

Now, as far the exact materials to be used, you gave some prices.  I
also understand that you voluntarily sent out Request For
(price)Quotes on using alternative paper & inks.  This was very kind
of you and I'd like to re-iterate my appreciation of this.

If for some reason those estimates don't arrive in time, either from
you or another person willing to do the leg work, then it simply
cannot be an option.

--mmadia