[haiku-development] VMWare Graphics Driver Synchronization Needed?

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.w.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:55:45 +0100

Hi!

The VMWare graphics driver reads and writes ports in device.c.
I am wondering if there is any synchronization code needed?

Is it sufficient to synchronize the code within the functions ReadReg
and WriteReg with a spinlock or should the entire case-blocks that read
and/or write registers within function ControlHook be protected with a spinlock?

Regards,
Michael
PS: Sorry, if this mail comes through twice, I initially posted it using the wrong email account.