[haiku-development] Re: Using the Keymap preferences

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 23:45:46 +0100 CET

Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2. I dimmly remember BeOS having its keymaps as text files that could
> be edited. Also, I
> think you could re-assign keys with the Keymap preferences. Dunno if
> anyone used it, I
> guess more people screwed up their keymap that way...

That's in fact a very useful feature that I've used quite often so far.
For example to add the EUR sign and special punctuation not available
in the German keymap, or the German umlauts to an American keymap. That
functionality will definitely be added to ours as well, at least I
would even be motivated to do that myself ;-)

Bye,
   Axel.