[haiku-development] Using the Keymap preferences

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development ML <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 17:17:10 +0100

Hi there!

I have a few questions regarding the Keymap preferences (BTW, should I post these kind of questions on the general mailing list in the future?).

1. What's the "Edit" menu and its commands for? It doesn't seem to cut/copy/paste/clear anything.

2. I dimmly remember BeOS having its keymaps as text files that could be edited. Also, I think you could re-assign keys with the Keymap preferences. Dunno if anyone used it, I guess more people screwed up their keymap that way...
Anyway, that functionality gone, what's the use of saving and opening
uneditable keymaps?
And then, what's the "User" list for? If there should ever be a custom keymap that we don't want to distribute with the core Haiku, for Walter's sake, just sort it into the existing "System" list and leave it to the keymap creator to give it a recognizable name.

Or am I missing something?

Regards,
Humdinger

--