[haiku-development] Using the Haiku cross compilers for other projects

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:36:52 -0400

So my WebKit saga continues of course. Regardless of whatever happens
with Haiku and GCC 4.x versus 2.95 binaries, I need to compile WebKit
and it's library dependencies with GCC 4.x.

So I have the source code for ICU 3.6 and Haiku's GCC 4.x cross compilers.

I tried running ICU's configure script with the --host option after
putting generated/cross-tools/bin in the path, but it died pretty
quick because it couldn't compile a test file for lack of crti.o.

So I assume some directories need to be set up in environment
variables or something. I've looked around and am not quite sure what
is what in the Haiku cross compilers.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also has anyone tried compiling
GCC 4.x to run on Haiku? Guess we would need to take the existing GCC
4.x to compile itself for Haiku? ;)

Feeling stuck in bootstrap land,
Ryan