[haiku-development] Using the Flatten() function

  • From: "Yashasvi A.C." <yashasviac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 01:36:08 +1200

Hey guys,

I was going through the Flatten() function listed in the BeBook as I wanted
to save some BMessages that I was able to catch and store them in a folder
somewhere in the project workspace.
One of the parameters with the Flatten() function is the BDataIO object
which is also BFile object. I am having some problems with the
initialisation of the BFile object.

I have written something like:
****
file = BFile("..\", "..\MessageStore\", B_READ_WRITE);
****

I am passing the parent directory as the directory parameter, the
MessageFolder as the path and the open mode status.

Can you help me out with this?

P.S.: Is there any place where I can check how different functions listed in
the BeBook can be implemented? Something like en example or a tutorial page
somewhere?

Thanks,
Yash