[haiku-development] Re: Using RemoteDesktop

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:03:39 -0400

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 10:57 AM, hey68 you <hey68you@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Take these 2 apps:
>
> https://mail.google.com/mail/h/vei58uy624f0/?&v=c&th=1382e56a06b78560

Not sure where you meant that to go, but it just opens Gmail...

> http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/internet-network/remote-access/rdesktop-manager
>
> I wrote the 2nd which is just a front-end GUI.

Those are completely unrelated to remotedesktop within Haiku which is
actually for a remote app_server, in other words connecting to another
Haiku.

I got it working once but I forget the exact details. As I recall it
involved setting up an SSH tunnel and then connecting through that.
Long term we obviously need to fix up the user interface on this, but
for now it was mostly just an experimental prototype.

--
Regards,
Ryan