[haiku-development] Updating the Haiku platform entries

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:47:01 -0700

This is a follow up on a discussion that started on ticket 2451 about
18 months ago:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2451#comment:14
We seen work on porting Haiku to various platform, but I don't yet see
the platforms listed in config.guess/config.sub.
(http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob_plain;f=build-aux/config.guess)
As of today, the most recent config.guess is timestamped 2010-08-21,
but there is only a single Haiku entry:
    BePC:Haiku:*:*)     # Haiku running on Intel PC compatible.
        echo i586-pc-haiku
        exit ;;

in contrast there's 3 entries for BeOS:

    BeBox:BeOS:*:*)     # BeOS running on hardware made by Be, PPC only.
        echo powerpc-be-beos
        exit ;;
    BeMac:BeOS:*:*)     # BeOS running on Mac or Mac clone, PPC only.
        echo powerpc-apple-beos
        exit ;;
    BePC:BeOS:*:*)      # BeOS running on Intel PC compatible.
        echo i586-pc-beos
        exit ;;

So perhaps it's time to decide which new ones we need so that they can
get upstreamed by the time we'd really want them to be in place.
We've seen work on ARM, PPC, x86_64, any others?  and what should we call them?