[haiku-development] Re: Update on alpha 1 proposals (was: Re: Haiku R1/alpha discussion proposals)

  • From: Daniel Weber <haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 20:11:11 +0200

Hi,

i just read the R1/Alpha Proposals list, you are searching mirrors for the Haiku Alpha image.
I can mirror the image on my space.
Just tell me how many webspace you need.

Greetings,
Daniel Weber

Niels Reedijk schrieb:
Hello,

The proposals, still sitting at
http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/R1/Alpha1Proposals, have grown a big
amount over the past week, which is good. In the initial idea, I hoped
that all the proposals would find an adopter, someone who would be
'responsible' (as far as that goes in volunteer work) for having the
task completed (which, again, does not necessarily mean he/she should
perform the task itself). I hoped to close the page today (in about an
hour time), but so far only 13 proposals have an adopter. There are 37
proposals in total.

The idea was that all proposals without adopter would fall off the
voting ballot, because no one would implement them. Right now,
following this idea would make the short list really short, and I'm
sure that there are people on the list more than willing to adopt some
of them. So I'd like to get some input:

1. Drop the idea of adopters. Risk of some requirements of alpha 1
having no one responsible. It's easier to vote in favour of something,
rather than actually carrying it out.

2. Keep the page 'open' for a little while longer now, to let people
add themselves as adopters. Close the page next Sunday and start the
vote.

3. Vote first (next Sunday), then find adopters.

I'm open for your ideas. Also on whether the list should be considered
'closed' for new ideas.

Niels