[haiku-development] Update about dedicated server

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:02:54 +0200

Hi there,

the dedicated server has its first VM - the svn server - running. You can
reach it here: http://haiku-svn.hirschkaefer.de/svn

Both ssh and http access to the svn repo is possible, but only http-access
will allow us to apply path-based authorization.
But *if* we want to apply path-based authorization, we can no longer allow
ssh-based access to the repo, as that would always give full access.

I personally favour having ssh and http access to the repo over being able to
do path-based authorization, but I'd like to hear the view of others on this.

Additionally, I'd like to invite everyone interested in the ongoing system
administration process to subscribe to the new mailing list:

        haiku-sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

cheers,
        Oliver