[haiku-development] Re: Update BTextView navigation shortcuts

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 10:17:20 +0100 (CET)

On January 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM Augustin <ajcsweb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Terminal's shortcuts are a bit messed up, as when Alt keys are used,
> Control-C is the interrupt; but when Control keys are used, Alt-C is the
> interrupt...

That actually behaves exactly as intended: If Alt is not the command key, the
key just switches its meaning with the control key.

As for command-left/right, I'm still of the opinion that those should do
word-wise navigation, as they do on all other platforms and applications I'm
using. I don't quite see why Haiku should behave differently here.
The only clash I know of is Mail's quoting feature, but I would rather change
that to what is usually used for indenting.

In any case, it looks like we definitely need system-wide customizable shortcuts
some day :-)

Bye,
   Axel.