[haiku-development] Re: Update BTextView navigation shortcuts

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 09:49:39 +0100

Hi!

On 11/01/2014, John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd like to update the current BTextView navigation shortcuts to the
> following:
>
> * Command+Left goes to beginning of line, ignoring soft-wrap
> * Command+Right goes to the end of line, ignoring soft-wrap
> * Home goes to beginning of line, accounting for soft-wrap (same as now)
> * End goes to end of line, accounting for soft-wrap (same as now)
> * Option+Left goes to previous word
> * Option+Right goes to next word
> * Command+Home and Command+Up go to beginning of document
> (Command+Home is same as now)
> * Command+End and Command+Down go to end of document  (Command+End is
> same as now)

I'm glad the issue is brought back to the table! I can't believe I've
been living and cursing with this for over a year now...

I'm OK with OPTION being the word-wise jump modifier. Let's not forget
to implement that in Terminal as well.

I hope CMD+Cursor won't continue to clash in Vision and Mail.

For history's sake, here's the thread [1] of the original discussion.
FWIW, I still feel that CTRL+Cursor would work nicely. By avoiding
CTRL to accommodate Windows/Linux keymap users, we practically forsake
a perfectly fine modifier key...

Regards,
Humdinger

[1]