[haiku-development] Re: UVC webcam Logitech C200

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:08:48 +0100

Hi Jérôme!

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:37:10 +0100, Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> 2009/11/18 Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>:
>> The audio part should be utilized by usb_audio driver. I'm currently
>> work on
>> it but need some time to finish sound data transfer functionality. If
you
>> don't mind I can send you detailed instruction with test version of my
>> driver to check some functionality of the driver.

> Would it be possible for you to commit this work so that I can test or
> have a look ?

I have read in the Coding Guidelines that main Haiku repository is not a
place for sources with "draft" quality, bad-formatted and filled with lot
of commented and "#if 0" -ed lines. ;-) That's why I still working with
local one. It is available for browsing here:
http://siarzhuk.dyndns.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi/cvsroot/usb_audio/. Are we
have some kind of branch to store such unfinished work in the Haiku
repository too?

The mentioned testing - is just harvestin information about audio control
units and composing them into controls "web" represented by Media Preflet.
USB isochronous transfer mechanics is still unclear for me. :-\ And I have
to urgently connect my new laptop with sis191 NIC to the world - that's why
the usb audio is paused at the moment.

--
Kind Regards,
   S.Zharski