[haiku-development] Re: (USB MIDI) Device hierarchy

  • From: "Sean Collins" <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 00:00:16 +0000

> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 09:53:34PM +0000, Sean Collins wrote:
> >    Hey pete, would usbsnoop work for ya ? I can log it easily
> > enough in
> > a DAW.
> >
> Don't know that app, I'm afraid.  Sounds like it might provide info
> though, so go ahead...
>
> Sorry to keep you hopping...! (:-))
>
>       -- Pete --
>
> [I'm out of the loop myself a while now, while I get dinner &
> things...]

   Pete the best I can offer is this

   VID_0499
   PID 104E    MI_00

   I tried to snoop the usb but theres some sort of driver lockout
going. I emailed yamaha tech support" not like I think that stands a
snowballs chance in hell of getting answered" but its worth a shot.

   At some point the goverments are going to have to step in and force
the specs open on hardware. This is beyond stupid.

  for gods sakes its a usb interfacing keyboard. Not a nuclear missle
guidance system

   Sean