[haiku-development] Re: USB "Joysticks"?

  • From: "Carwyn" <cdj1000@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 23:56:57 +0000

Hi Pete and Everyone else,

I already have the usb_joy working and it should work for you, you can
get it here http://www.cemist.f2s.com/usbjoyhaiku.zip.  Be sure to read
the included readme file .  I think the first place to look is src/add-
ons/kernel/drivers/input/usb_hid/MouseDevice.cpp.  In the AddHandler
function you may have to add a temporary kludge test such as a test for
a wheel, a basic gamepad doesn't have a wheel so this stops MouseDevice
detecting a gamepad,  do not do the following test though if your mouse
does not have a wheel or your mouse won't work.
HIDReportItem *wheel = report-
>FindItem(B_HID_USAGE_PAGE_GENERIC_DESKTOP,
                B_HID_UID_GD_WHEEL);
        if(wheel == NULL)
                return NULL;

Too use usb_joy properly you must stop usb_hid from detecting your
SideWinder Strategic Commander as a mouse.

Thanks

Caz