[haiku-development] Re: UEFI boot loader for Haiku

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 20:53:07 +0100

Am 19/01/2013 10:43, schrieb Fredrik Holmqvist:
2013/1/16 François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>:
On 16/01/2013 22:23, Axel Dörfler wrote:
I'm not sure if writing a file system driver is the best starting,
point, however, as it's a completely optional that doesn't gain you that
much (you still need some place to put the driver to, I would guess :-)).
Writing the EFI platform bindings however, is something you will need to
do anyway.
Our EFI boot app located on the system partition (FAT) needs to load
haiku_loader from BFS the way I was thinking. Or are you suggesting
haiku_loader IS the boot app?

Now you understood it :-)

If so, could there be any problem with haiku_loader being in a different ABI?

How so? The haiku_loader to kernel handover is not ABI dependent.

Bye,
   Axel.