[haiku-development] Re: UEFI boot loader for Haiku

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 22:03:44 +0100

On 16/01/2013 20:04, Fredrik Holmqvist wrote:
> 2013/1/15 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Is your repository already tracked in our commit list?
>> That would certainly help with getting feedback.
>
> No, and given that I'll probably experiment quite a lot in the
> beginning it might not be interesting.
> Here is the code: https://github.com/tqh/haiku.efi

Actually, even though it's a separate code from haiku_loader for now,
you might want to still clone the haiku tree proper, and work from it
anyway, to allow pulling your change later more easily.
The existing code could go like say in src/tools/efi_loader/ maybe?

> I guess I should try to make a readonly BFS driver first. Is there any
> recommended code to start from?

I didn't check the other fs code, you'll want to check them all for code
clarity and the licence most similar to our, though since it's
standalone code it might not be that much of a problem to fork GPL code
for this.

François.