[haiku-development] Re: Typo in Haiku Book BString Truncate Method

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 18:38:27 -0400

> Also sorry that the patch is in a weird format, I am trying to figure out
> how to get git-diff to generate a patch that is more standard. If you use
> the patch command it will apply but you have to tell it the path of the file
> to patch. (haiku/docs/user/support/string.dox). Sorry about that.
>
> John Scipione

You can use `patch -p1 patchfile.patch` to apply the patch without having to
specify the path of the file from your haiku/ directory.

I also figured out that `git diff --no-prefix > patchfile.patch` will
generate a patch that you can patch with `patch -p0 < patchfile.patch`. Good
to know.

John Scipione