[haiku-development] Re: Two successful final year projects

  • From: "Richie Nyhus" <richienyhus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:24:26 +1300

> 2) The demo shows the window automatically resizes as a portion leaves the
> screen.  I hope that this is not the default behaviuor, since some people
> want to actually move half a window out of the way.  The automatic resizing
> (IMHO) should be activated with a toggle key (eg. option/window key) while
> moving part of the windo offscreen.

Apart from the American pronunciation of Auckland in the first video,
this is something I also noticed.
Would it not be possible map this behaviour to another mouse button?
i.e. When one moves a window by moving it with mouse button 3,
automatic resizing would be the resulted behaviour. An alternative
would be the status quo mapped to the alternative mouse button.

Of course a toggle key would still be needed for those that do not
have a three button mouse.

Anyway, this a exciting development. This well deserves a box of jaffas each. :D

Cheers from chch.