[haiku-development] Re: "Try out Haiku" is unclear

  • From: Panagiotis Vasilopoulos <hello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 16:58:14 +0300

On 2/4/21 4:56 p.m.., Panagiotis Vasilopoulos wrote:

Yeah, it's admittedly pretty cool, but like, turning the USBs into a default because the partitioning is tough? Pressing a button and getting a working system sounds like peak user friendliness... for 2 days or 2 weeks, until people start getting livid over the fact that they're running out of space after that given time. Definitely not something I'd be exactly fond of as an average user. As a power user, the questions in my head would probably make me lose sleep.

P.S. The partitioning tool is the hardest part of the installation, I'm interested in poking at it as well in the future.