[haiku-development] TrackerGrep [was Re: missing -lm?]

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 17:00:37 +0200

Hi,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 2 May 2008 15:35:31 +0200
> Von: "Andreas Färber" <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
> An: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [haiku-development] Re: missing -lm?

> Am 02.05.2008 um 14:36 schrieb François Revol:
>

> >> On 2008-05-01 at 13:48:20 [+0200], Axel Dörfler
> <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> >> How about keeping the libsocket.so symlink at least? This one is not
> >> uncommon on other platforms (some/all (?) *BSDs and Solaris seem to
> >> have
> >> it) and configure scripts already check for it, which should save
> >> some
> >> porting work.
> >
> > Yes, and some makefiles I wrote check for it to detect BONE...
> > (but some others check for headers/be/bone, will need to change that)
>
> Most checks for BONE that I've seen failed for Haiku. Some of them
> checked for BONE_VERSION in sys/socket.h and thus dropped back to R5
> sections. Haiku is not BONE, even for BONE there are some unnecessary
> code paths around; making them fail seems like the easiest way to get
> rid of or to discover them. (Haiku's Find doesn't seem able to do full-
> text searches?)

I cannot comment on the other issues, but this reminded me of a question I
wanted to bring up: I think TrackerGrep is great and IMHO it could be part of
the base Haiku distro. I looked at the code and it is clean and easy to follow.
I would like to extend the app to support node monitoring for every listed
file, so that the list adapts live to any changes you do to these files as soon
as you change them. I guess that would be another nice feature when doing Haiku
demos.

Best regards,
-Stephan