[haiku-development] Re: Trac Almost Unusable

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 17:19:53 -0500

On Feb 6, 2008 5:00 PM, Marcus Overhagen <marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I noticed the same problem.  Proxy errors (but I'm not using any proxy!),
> slow load, etc.
>
> Proxy Error
> The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
>  The proxy server could not handle the request GET /ticket/1723.
>  Reason: Error reading from remote server

Proxy errors can come from Apache when it is proxying requests to a
back-end server, as I expect it is doing with Trac, which is a Python
application. If the back-end application takes too long to respond,
Apache will time-out. I have seen this in my own Ruby on Rails web
applications when something takes a while to process.

So the Trac software is definitely the problem here. Either the server
it is on is slow, or the database is slow, or some really inefficient
code is taking a while to do something on each request.

Regards,
Ryan