[haiku-development] Re: Touchscreen support

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 15:07:57 +0000

Rhett Aultman <roadriverrail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It looks like Haiku actually recognizes the touchscreen
> but doesn't seem to understand the coordinates the screen is sending
> to it.

What exactly do you mean by "actually recognizes", where does it show
up?

> That strikes me as something fairly easy for me to investigate and
> fix, but
> I was curious if someone could point me in general direction of where
> in the
> Haiku codebase to start dropping logging statements so I can see how
> the
> touch screen's input is being interpreted.

As Urias already mentioned usb_hid would be where to look. Note that
most of the recent usb_hid changes didn't make it into the alpha 3
release, so if you're testing with that be sure to test with a more
recent nightly first.

As already mentioned by Siarzhuk it also depends on what type of device
it is. If it requires calibration then that's missing. If it is "just"
some vendor specific protocol then a quirk entry describing the input
format might be enough.

Regards
Michael