[haiku-development] Re: To __BEOS__ or not to __BEOS__?

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 12:19:03 -0400

I agree completely that the R5 compatibility goal has helped keep the
project on track. Discussions like this and the email thread from last
year where I mentioned a Notification Server make me fear the day when
Haiku no longer has such a clear goal.

To conclude my contribution to this thread: I will be happy as long as
I can run my GCC4 compiled WebKit and browser on the standard Haiku.
If the standard Haiku is GCC2, with just GCC4 "compatibility"
libraries, fine. I am just wanting to avoid the chance of a
"pseudo-fork" of a GCC4 Haiku just so I can run my browser and let
people test it.

Regards,
Ryan