[haiku-development] Timezones

  • From: "Philippe Saint-Pierre" <stpere@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 15:59:25 -0400

Hi,

I'm doing a TODO in Time Preflets and I have a question/need your
opinions..  The task I'm doing right now involves adding a Revert feature to
that preflet.. It works great with date/time and timezones in general,
excepts in one case.  If there is no timezone symlink present, the preflet
will start up with no selected timezone (that's ok) but I cannot really
revert it to "nothing" (or maybe I can, if I must).  My question is, what
should be the preflet's behaviour?

Choices :

1. Do not revert the timezone if there was none to begin with (but still
revert the time)
2. At preflet's launch, set a default timezone if there is none set yet.
2b. Do 2) but also display a warning to the user, saying his timezone has
been set.
3. Profit?! .. No, I mean, when the user click revert, erase the timezone
link we just created when he selected his new timezone.
4. Other?