[haiku-development] Re: Time to move this to a moderated list?

  • From: Joe Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 10:49:09 -0500

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 2:30 AM, scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think most of the committers to Haiku would agree that perhaps it's time to
> move the dev mailing list to being moderated for non-committers?

I know everyone else has mostly covered this, but I am not in favor of
a moderated list.  We can always moderate as Ingo mentioned in option
1, although I think just outright ignoring the troll(s) is the best
course of action.  It's not always obvious if someone is trolling
initially, but once it is, it's generally best to just stop replying.
I think moderating the person will just result in them setting up
another email address and trying again.

- joe