[haiku-development] Re: The status of getting a compiler running

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 09:45:37 +0100 CET

"Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried an svn checkout of the source tree from within Haiku today,
> and that panicked for me with "heap overgrew itself", trace as
> follows:

Well, that's probably just the natural thing to happen as long as we're
still using our current kernel allocator (otherwise it might also be a
memory leak somewhere :-)).

> Further update, it looks like that trashed the filesystem as well,
> after rebooting from that panic, zbeos is no longer able to mount
> /boot.

That's not that good. As you may have seen, the logging mechanism was
completely broken in earlier releases that used the file cache - I've
recently fixed that, though (so I thought).
However, zbeos does not (yet) replay the log IIRC, so eventually, it
would need to be mounted from somewhere else, first. Is it possible for
you to try if that works?

Bye,
   Axel.