[haiku-development] Re: The r1alpha4 branch

  • From: pulkomandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 21:34:41 +0200

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 02:54:49PM -0400, Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > From
> > //www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/No-tagged-releases-in-our-git-repository,5
> >
> > maybe tag names of r1alpha4-xxx for the commits leading up to the
> > r1alpha4-final tag?

The branch is only going to get two kind of commits :
 * Merges from the trunk, of "commit sets" that already have an hrev tag,
 * Small changes like setting the release version, disabling serial debug, and
so on, these don't really need a tag.

Tagging the pushes to the branch can still be useful to track
regressions, if we plan to have release candidates of the alphas
made by buildbot. Else, we can refer to the changes by they already
existing hrev number from when they were added to trunk ?

--
Adrien.